I am not a professional chef or photographer, so the images you’ll see are how the meals come out looking as I serve them to my family. Hope that’s ok…
Main Meal: 4 Ingredient Dinner: Sausage Recipe with Roasted Potato side Ingredients
- 1 sausage link
- 1 cup frozen okra
- 1 16 oz can dark red kidney beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Creole seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder (to taste)
- 4 medium golden potatoes
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut ends off of potatoes
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces
- Place potatoes into a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle in garlic powder, onion powder, and grated parmesan to taste.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, slice your sausage into skinny disks and cook your rice then set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray or a light drizzle of olive oil.
- Over medium-low heat (if you’re using a gas stove) and add the okra. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning, oil powder, and garlic powder to taste.
- Sautee okra for about 8 minutes (they will look a little sticky and that’s normal).
- Now add the sausage. Let that warm up for about 5 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, empty the kidney beans into a strainer and rinse off. Then add those to the pan.
- If the potatoes aren’t done yet, lower the heat of the sausage okra mixture to low.
- Once everything is done, start with the rice, then add the sausage, okra, and bean mixture on top. Add the potatoes to the side.
- This will make 4 even servings
- For the sausage dish:
- 326 calories
- 14 g fat
- 44.5 g carbs
- 1.5 g sugar
- 12.5 g protein
- For the potato side:
- 190 calories
- 7.75 g fat
- 26 g carbs
- 1 g sugar
- 5 g protein