I am not a professional chef or photographer, so the images you’ll see are how the meals come out looking as I serve them to my family. Hope that’s ok…
Main Meal: Fruit and Protein Break Bowl Ingredients
- 7 1/2 cups mixed fruit
- 16 oz large curd cottage cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- In a blender, blend the entire container of cottage cheese with the scoop of protein powder until an icing-like consistency is reached.
- If the fruit is not already washed and cut, go ahead and do that ahead of time.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups of fruit and 1/2 cup cottage cheese dip
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbs: 42.8 g
- Protein: 18.75 g
Add protein: add chia seeds for an additional boost of protein and some crunch
Prep and serve details: I like the large curd cottage cheese because, once blended, comes out to a nice icing-like texture vs small curd which comes up a bit more watery.
Other notes: The calories calculated for the fruit is an average. I did not sit here and calculate the calories in 2 grapes, 2 slices of kiwi, 3 pieces of cantaloupe, etc. Also, I bought my fruit already mixed. I didn’t find any cost savings by buying the whole fruit and cutting it myself.