I am not a professional chef or photographer, so the images you’ll see are how the meals come out looking as I serve them to my family. Hope that’s ok…
Main Meal: Veggie-Packed Protein Nachos Ingredients
- 1 oz bag Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips
- 3.2 oz chickpeas
- 2 oz deli roasted turkey – diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- as many veggies as you like (I used diced mini sweet peppers for this one)
- Lay the chips out on a microwavable plate in a single layer trying not to have any chips cover the other.
- Layer chickpeas, then the turkey, then the veggies.
- Sprinkle both cheeses on top.
- Microwave in 30-second increments until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Calories: 474
- Fat: 23.9 g
- Carbs: 23 g
- Protein: 45.3 g
- Feel free to add guacamole for an extra healthy fat boost.
Add protein: Garnish with plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can also accessorize with lentils.
Add veggies: This is the perfect lunch to sneak in more vegetables. I’m notorious for adding mushrooms and spinach to just about everything and these both would add some terrific nutrients to your nachos.